RBJSL SPRING 2020 SEASON DELAYED - CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO

RBJSL SPRING 2020 SEASON DELAYED - CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO

 

For more information on the latest guidance from EPYSA, click HERE.

 


March 17, 2020

EPYSA has suspended all soccer activities -- for all leagues and clubs -- through Sunday 05 Apr 2020.

That means that our RBJSL Week 3 games (04-05 Apr 2020) are now postponed, and the earliest we will start our season will be the weekend of 18-19 Apr 2020 (after Easter).

The COVID-19 outbreak continues to be a rapidly-evolving situation.  Medical professionals and government agencies are continually refining strategies to manage the impact of the outbreak, and EPYSA is using this information to provide soccer-related directives.  We will continue to follow EPYSA's directives with respect to our plans for the RBJSL Spring 2020 season.  We've been told not to expect another update before 05 Apr 2020, and so we may not have another RBJSL update until that time.

In the meantime, we encourage all of you to continue to do your part to stay safe and to keep others safe. 

 


March 12, 2020

 

In accordance with EPYSA recommendations, the start of the RBJSL Spring 2020 season is delayed until at least April 4, 2020.  This action is being taken to help all of our clubs, coaches, teams, and families comply with government and medical directives on managing the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).

 

Please understand that this is a dynamic situation, and so we will continue to monitor information provided by US Soccer, EPYSA, and government agencies.  EPYSA plans to re-evaluate the situation on April 1, 2020;  we will then, in turn, determine the next steps for our Spring 2020 season.  For now, we can pass along the following:

  •  All Week 1 and Week 2 games (March 21 through April 3) are postponed. 
  • The earliest we will start our season will be Week 3 (April 4).
  • No decision has been made regarding the postponed games (i. e., whether we will move them to the weekends of May 9-10 and May 16-17, or whether they will be cancelled).

This is an extraordinary situation for all of us.  We expect to be making decisions and then refining them multiple times in the weeks to come, as new information becomes available.  Our first priority will continue to be everyone's health and safety, even though we recognize that our kids want us to continue to look for ways to make it possible for them to safely be able to play at some point this spring.